Columbus Chamber announces finalists for Business Summit AwardsAnnouncements — By Melanie McIntyre on October 31, 2012 at 8:00 am
The Columbus Chamber recently announced the finalists for its Business Summit Awards.
The finalists have displayed strengths in one of four categories, and were chosen according to the results of an open nomination process that began in July. More than 150 nominations were made.
“Innovative entrepreneurs and business leaders are helping to grow the Columbus region economy with their vision, passion and dedication,” says Michael Dalby, president and CEO of the Columbus Chamber. “These Business Summit Award finalists represent some of our very best. The Chamber and its Small Business Council are pleased to celebrate their success and recognize their contributions to this business community.”
The finalists are:
- • Lisa Huang, president of Advanced Engineering Consultants
- • Wayne “Skip” Stringfield, owner/president of Coalesce Software Inc.
- • Otto Beatty III and Brian Brooks, co-owners of E.E. Ward Moving & Storage Co. LLC
- • Mohan Viddam and Sanjay Dudaney, CEO and president, respectively, of Halcyon Solutions
- • Parker MacDonell, principal of Invergarry Partners
- • Pamela Springer, president/CEO of Manta Media
- • Debra Jasper and Betsy Hubbard, co-founders of Mindset Digital LLC
- • Michelle Kerr, president of Oxford Consulting Group Inc.
- • Michelle Galligan, CEO of ViaVero Consulting
Winners will receive Summit Awards in the following categories, with one winner in each:
- • Adapt and Innovate– recognizes those who evolved their business ahead in spite of economic obstacles and other challenges.
- • Diversity Leadership– honors a minority or woman-owned business leader who promotes an atmosphere of inclusion within his or her day-to-day business operations.
- • Emerging Excellence– highlights the leadership of one of the region’s newest businesses that is finding success and gaining prominence in the marketplace.
- • Young Professional Leadership– recognizes an outstanding young professional who is already making a positive impact with his or her talents and abilities.
Winners will be announced during the luncheon portion of the annual Business Summit scheduled for Nov. 13 at The Renaissance Columbus Downtown from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event will also include a keynote address from Mark Kvamme, former president of JobsOhio. Prior to the luncheon, attendees will participate in interactive panel discussions focused on branding and entrepreneurship.
The branding session will be moderated by Artie Isaac of Vistage Columbus and feature panelists Bev Bethge of Ologie, Lynn Blashford of White Castle, and Ryan Vesler of HOMAGE.
The entrepreneurship session will be moderated by Brooke Paul of Founders Factory, and feature panelists Todd Whittier of Left Channel, Shawn O’Reilly of Robert Gregory Partners, and Bob Sheehan of BMW Financial Services.
Tickets for the event are $75 each and can be purchased at Columbus.org/summit.
Melanie McIntyre served as editorial director of The Metropreneur from its launch in August 2010 to May 2013. She is also a featured writer for Columbus Underground and writes about fashion, style and pop culture on her blog, Thoroughly Modern Melly. Melanie is an Ohio State University graduate, lives in the Short North, and enjoys reading and running.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.