The Metropreneur Heads to The Launch Conference in San FranciscoAnnouncements — By Walker Evans on February 20, 2011 at 8:00 am
Startups from all over the United States will converge in San Francisco this week for an opportunity to show off their products, grab the attention of investors, and unveil their bleeding edge technology to the world at the Launch Conference.
Columbus startup eEvent (who we featured in a Business Profile back in September) will be unveiling new features for its event management system in the “Launch Pad” Demo Pit portion of the conference. The founders of eEvent hope to gain valuable exposure to angel investors, venture capital firms, and the tech media attending the conference.
In addition to showing off their product, eEvent founders Andi Sie and Edy Sulistyo want to use the Launch Conference as an opportunity to show off the entrepreneurial environment that exists in Columbus and have invited The Metropreneur to attend and provide a voice for our region.
We’re both honored and excited to represent our city, and you rest assured that we’ll be mentioning all our positive assets in Central Ohio, including:
- • The fact that Innovation Capital grew by 72.6% in 2010 to $307 Million – [LINK]
- • The hyper local peer-to-peer funding model being established by ECDI raising $10 Million for micro-lending over the next three years [LINK]
- • The creation of new incubation facilities at Wonderland, ECDI, The Idea Foundry, 400 West Rich and beyond
- • The wide variety of tech-related resources available at TechColumbus
- • The new $30 Million Columbus2020! Economic Development Initiative [LINK]
- • The large “brain-magnet” power of The Ohio State University that enriches the region with a talented workforce and provides Columbus with the second highest student population per capita in the country.
And plenty of other good stuff!
If you’ve got anything you’d like to learn more about from the Launch Conference, or any information you’d like to relay through our presence at the event, leave us a comment below.
Walker is the founder of ColumbusUnderground.com and co-founder of TheMetropreneur.com along with his wife and business partner Anne Evans. Walker has turned local media from a hobby into a full time career over the past decade and serves on multiple boards and committees throughout the community.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.